Most medical plans don’t cover long-term care services such as nursing home care or at-home care to assist with bathing, eating or other activities of daily living. Anyone at any age may need these services, the cost of which can quickly deplete savings or retirement income. Waynesboro Public Schools participates in the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) Voluntary Group Long Term Care Insurance Program which can help with these costs.
Virginia Retirement System has contracted with Genworth Life Insurance Company as the insurer for the program. Coverage provides a monthly benefit allowance for covered long-term care expenses.
Participation in this program is voluntary. Premiums are paid directly to Genworth Life.
Who is Eligible?
- Actively at work employees, between the ages of 18 through 79, who work at least 20 hours per week.
- Terminated employees who have five or more years of service and are not active employees or retirees of any local government or school system in Virginia.
- Retirees of the participating school division.
- Select family members between age 18 through 79, that include:
- Spouse and Retiree Spouse
- Adult Children
- Parents, Parents-in-law, Step Parents, Step Parents-in-law
- Grandparents, Grandparents-in-law, Step Grandparents, Step Grandparents-in-law
- Visit www.genworth.com/cov to apply. You can apply on-line or download the application and apply by mail.
- Eligible active employees may enroll without producing evidence of insurability during the initial enrollment period.
- Spouses who are eligible to participate and are under age 66 can apply with streamlined underwriting during the initial enrollment period.
- All other eligible family members and retirees are subject to underwriting requirements.