Health services are provided as a resource for student’s health and wellbeing. The goal is to promote a healthy learning environment. School nurses work with, and as a complement to local primary providers by encouraging students to seek and maintain appropriate life-long wellness.
Direct services to students are offered in the following categories:
- first aid for accidents and/or sudden illness
- storage, dispensation, and accountability for prescribed medications
- adherence to state mandates for student immunizations and physical exam requirements
- carrying out mandated screening programs for hearing and vision
- assisting students to manage ongoing health issues so they can be successful in school
- monitoring and containing actual or potential spread of communicable illnesses and infestations